Hayes RV Center Blog
- 0 0Published on Oct 02, 2017
Just because fall is here doesn’t mean that weekends spent camping has to end, especially in Texas. There is still plenty to enjoy outdoors as summer comes to an end. Here is your quick guide to fall camping.
Fall Camping Activities
Autumn is a favorite time of year for many; the weather is cooler, the leaves begin to change on the tress, and attractions and campgrounds tend to be less crowded. Some fun fall activities to check out in East Texas include fall festivals, challenging hikes, and scenic fall foliage drives.
- If you are in the Longview area check out these fall festivals: Texas Rose Festival and Maple Springs Heritage Festival.
- A favorite hike near Longview is the Piney Woods hike.
- A must see fall foliage drive is the Bastrop State Park Scenic Drives.
Fall Camping in Texas means cooler temperatures during the day and much cooler temperatures in the evening. You’ll need to make sure you pack some warm weather gear to ensure your comfort and safety.
- Cool weather sleeping bags
- Hand and toe warmers
- Camping Cot to keep you off the cool ground
- Space heater
You’ve got your gear, you’ve got a list of activities, now you need to eat. Here are a couple great cold weather recipes to warm your insides.
Fall means great deals on 2017 RV's at Hayes RV in Longview, TX. Stop by our showroom and let us help you find a great RV at a great price! www.hayesrv.com